Weight Watchers French Onion Chicken Bake Recipe
The Weight Watchers French Onion Chicken Bake is a delicious and healthy dish that combines the flavors of French onion soup with tender chicken breasts. This recipe is perfect for those following the Weight Watchers program, as it is low in points and packed with flavor. With a prep time of 10 minutes and a cook time of 30 minutes, this dish is quick and easy to make.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet of French onion soup mix
- 1 cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup of sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and cook until they are caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the French onion soup mix, dried thyme, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and sprinkle the soup mix mixture evenly over them.
- Pour the chicken broth into the baking dish, making sure to cover the chicken breasts.
- Spread the caramelized onions over the top of the chicken breasts.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the shredded Swiss cheese over the chicken breasts.
- Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy this Weight Watchers French Onion Chicken Bake with a side of steamed vegetables or a