Spicy Fried Chicken Recipe Without Buttermilk
Spicy fried chicken is a delicious and flavorful dish that is perfect for those who love a little heat in their meals. This recipe provides a simple and easy way to make crispy and spicy fried chicken without the need for buttermilk. With a combination of spices and a crispy coating, this dish is sure to be a hit at any gathering or family dinner.Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to ensure all the spices are evenly distributed.
- Coat each piece of chicken with the spice mixture, making sure to cover all sides. Press the coating onto the chicken to ensure it sticks.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. You want enough oil to cover the bottom of the skillet by about half an inch.
- Carefully place the coated chicken pieces into the hot oil, skin side down. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown and crispy.
- Flip the chicken pieces and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place it on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the spicy fried chicken hot and enjoy!