Pei Wei Honey Seared Chicken Recipe
Chicken breast recipe pinoy is a delicious and flavorful dish that is popular in Filipino cuisine. This recipe is perfect for those who love tender and juicy chicken with a touch of Filipino flavors. With a prep time of 10 minutes and a cook time of 20 minutes, you can have a mouthwatering chicken dish on your table in no time.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons calamansi juice (or lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, calamansi juice, oyster sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, grated ginger, black pepper, and water. Mix well to create the marinade.
- Place the chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, making sure it is evenly coated. Marinate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade for later use.
- Cook the chicken breasts in the hot oil for about 5 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, pour the reserved marinade and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer for a few minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Return the cooked chicken breasts to the pan and coat them with the thickened marinade. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a serving plate