O’Charley’S Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Bresse chicken is a classic French dish known for its tender and flavorful meat. This recipe combines the traditional flavors of Bresse chicken with a delicious herb and butter sauce. The chicken is first roasted to perfection and then served with the rich and creamy sauce. It is a perfect dish for a special occasion or a fancy dinner party.Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 whole Bresse chicken
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, minced garlic, chopped thyme, and rosemary.
- Rinse the Bresse chicken under cold water and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Gently loosen the skin of the chicken by sliding your fingers between the skin and the meat, being careful not to tear the skin.
- Spread the herb butter mixture evenly under the skin of the chicken, making sure to cover as much of the meat as possible.
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper, both inside and outside.
- Place the chicken on a roasting rack in a roasting pan, breast side up.
- Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) when measured with a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- While the chicken is resting, pour the pan drippings into a small saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Simmer the pan drippings for a few minutes until slightly reduced.