Norwegian Chicken Recipes
Norwegian Chicken is a delicious and flavorful dish that combines the freshness of herbs and the richness of cream. This dish is perfect for a cozy dinner with family and friends. The chicken is tender and juicy, and the creamy sauce adds a touch of indulgence. With a prep time of 15 minutes and a cook time of 30 minutes, this recipe is quick and easy to make.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring it to a simmer. Let it cook for about 5 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Add the heavy cream, fresh thyme, and fresh parsley to the skillet. Stir well to combine.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet and spoon the sauce over them.
- Cover the skillet and let the chicken cook in the sauce for about 15 minutes, or until it is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the Norwegian Chicken hot with your favorite side dishes, such as mashed potatoes or steamed vegetables.