Mesquite Grilled Chicken Recipe
Mesquite grilled chicken is a delicious and flavorful dish that is perfect for a summer barbecue or any time you want to enjoy a tasty grilled meal. The smoky and slightly sweet flavor of mesquite wood adds a unique touch to the chicken, making it a crowd-pleaser. This recipe is easy to follow and will result in juicy and tender chicken with a mouthwatering charred exterior.Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, paprika, cumin, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow dish or a resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken, making sure it is evenly coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or overnight for maximum flavor.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grates to prevent sticking.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, allowing any excess marinade to drip off. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Place the chicken on the preheated grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) using a meat thermometer.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This will help the juices redistribute and keep the chicken moist.
- Serve the mesquite grilled chicken with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!