Kidney Friendly Chicken Breast Recipes
Chicken breast is a versatile and delicious protein option that can be enjoyed by individuals with kidney issues. This kidney-friendly chicken breast recipe is not only low in sodium and phosphorus but also packed with flavor. With a prep time of 10 minutes and a cook time of 20 minutes, this recipe is quick and easy to make.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the dried thyme, dried rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Rub the chicken breasts with the spice mixture, ensuring they are evenly coated.
- Heat olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are browned.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and pour in the low-sodium chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Cover the skillet with foil and transfer it to the preheated oven.
- Bake the chicken breasts for 15-18 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let the chicken breasts rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Slice the chicken breasts and serve them with your choice of kidney-friendly sides.
This kidney-friendly chicken breast recipe is a healthy and delicious option for individuals with kidney issues. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian to ensure that this