Honey Habanero Chicken Recipe
The honey habanero chicken recipe is a delicious and spicy dish that combines the sweetness of honey with the heat of habanero peppers. This recipe is perfect for those who enjoy a little kick in their meals. The prep time for this dish is 10 minutes and the cook time is 25 minutes.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the minced habanero peppers, honey, soy sauce, olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create the marinade.
- Place the chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over them. Seal the bag and massage the marinade into the chicken, ensuring it is evenly coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or overnight for maximum flavor.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, allowing any excess marinade to drip off.
- Grill the chicken for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Baste the chicken with the remaining marinade during the last few minutes of grilling.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute and ensure a tender and juicy chicken.
- Serve the honey habanero chicken with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!