Chicken Salad Recipe Without Celery And Onions
Chicken salad is a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or as a filling for sandwiches. This recipe for chicken salad is perfect for those who prefer to omit celery and onions from their dish. With a combination of tender chicken, crunchy vegetables, and a creamy dressing, this chicken salad is sure to be a hit at your next gathering or as a quick and easy meal option.Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice. Mix well until the dressing is smooth and creamy.
- Add the cooked chicken, red bell pepper, cucumber, carrots, and parsley to the bowl. Gently toss the ingredients together until they are evenly coated with the dressing.
- Season the chicken salad with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Once chilled, serve the chicken salad on a bed of lettuce, in a sandwich, or with your favorite crackers or bread.
This chicken salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It makes for a great make-ahead dish for picnics, potlucks, or weekday lunches. Enjoy!