Chicken Recipes For Gout Sufferers
Gout is a form of arthritis that occurs when there is an excess buildup of uric acid in the body, leading to painful joint inflammation. For individuals with gout, it is important to follow a diet that is low in purines, as purines are broken down into uric acid. This recipe for chicken is a delicious and gout-friendly option that can be enjoyed without worrying about triggering a gout flare-up.Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the dried thyme, dried rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken breasts, then sprinkle the herb mixture evenly on both sides of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the chicken with your choice of gout-friendly sides, such as steamed vegetables or a green salad.
This flavorful chicken recipe is not only suitable for gout sufferers but can also be enjoyed by anyone looking for a healthy and delicious meal. The combination of herbs adds a wonderful aroma and taste to the chicken, making it a satisfying dish for any occasion.