Chicken Of The Woods Soup Recipe
Chicken of the Woods Soup is a delicious and hearty dish that is perfect for a cozy meal. Made with the unique and flavorful chicken of the woods mushroom, this soup is sure to impress your taste buds. The prep time for this recipe is 15 minutes and the cook time is 30 minutes.
- 1 pound chicken of the woods mushroom, cleaned and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until they become translucent.
- Add the chicken of the woods mushroom to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes, until they start to brown.
- Add the carrots, celery, and dried thyme to the pot. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree the soup until smooth. If using a regular blender, be sure to blend in batches and vent the lid to prevent any accidents.
- Return the soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer the soup for an additional 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve the chicken of the woods soup hot and enjoy!