Chicken Of The Woods Recipe Soup
Chicken of the Woods soup is a delicious and hearty dish that is perfect for a cozy meal. Made with the unique and flavorful chicken of the woods mushroom, this soup is packed with earthy flavors and a creamy texture. It is a great way to enjoy this wild mushroom and warm up on a chilly day.Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound chicken of the woods mushroom, cleaned and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until they become translucent.
- Add the chicken of the woods mushroom to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes, until they start to brown.
- Add the carrots, celery, dried thyme, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Pour in the vegetable or chicken broth and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree the soup until smooth. If using a regular blender, be sure to blend in batches and vent the lid to avoid any accidents from the hot liquid.
- Return the soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream. Heat the soup over low heat until warmed through.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the chicken of the woods soup hot and enjoy!