Chicken Neck Recipes
Chicken neck recipes are a delicious and often overlooked part of the chicken that can be used to create flavorful and tender dishes. This recipe for chicken necks is easy to make and perfect for those who enjoy trying new and unique flavors. With a prep time of 10 minutes and a cook time of 1 hour, this dish is sure to impress your family and friends.
- 1 pound of chicken necks
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (optional, for thickening)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
- Add the chicken necks to the skillet and cook until they are browned on all sides.
- Sprinkle the paprika, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper over the chicken necks and stir to coat them evenly.
- Pour the chicken broth into the skillet and bring it to a simmer.
- Cover the skillet and let the chicken necks simmer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until they are tender and cooked through.
- If desired, you can thicken the sauce by mixing the cornstarch with a little water to create a slurry, then adding it to the skillet and stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Once the chicken necks are cooked and the sauce is thickened (if using), remove the skillet from the heat.
- Serve the chicken necks hot with the sauce spooned over the top.