Chicken Liver Pate Recipe Jamie Oliver
Chicken liver pate is a delicious and creamy spread that is perfect for parties or as an appetizer. This recipe by Jamie Oliver is easy to make and will impress your guests. The rich flavors of the chicken liver combined with butter and herbs create a smooth and velvety pate that is simply irresistible.Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
- 500g chicken livers
- 200g unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of brandy
- 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan, melt half of the butter over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the pan and cook until softened.
- Add the chicken livers to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, or until they are browned on the outside but still slightly pink on the inside.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour in the brandy. Be careful as it may flame up.
- Return the pan to the heat and cook for another 2 minutes, allowing the alcohol to evaporate.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a food processor and add the remaining butter, thyme leaves, rosemary leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Blend the mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the pate to a serving dish or individual ramekins and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until set.
- Serve the chicken liver pate with toasted bread or crackers.