Best Chicken Marsala Recipe Ina Garten
The Best Chicken Marsala Recipe by Ina Garten is a classic Italian dish that is sure to impress your family and friends. This recipe combines tender chicken breasts with a rich and flavorful Marsala wine sauce. It is the perfect dish for a special occasion or a cozy weeknight dinner.Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound them to 1/4-inch thick using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge each chicken breast in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until they are golden brown and the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the Marsala wine into the skillet and bring it to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes, scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Stir in the heavy cream and return the chicken breasts to the