Robs Spaghetti Carbonara with a spicy twist
This simple tasty recipe is my twist on a traditional carbonara dish. It came about when I was cleaning out the fridge and found myself with a "mystery box" which looked a lot like the foundation for a tasty carbonara so I started to cook . Twenty minutes later after taking inspiration from my favorite veal recipe I came up with the following and it is fast becoming one of my favourite pasta dishes . I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
This recipe is also great served with Fresh Fettucini which is well worth the effort if you have the time to spare.
Yield: 4 Serves
- Thin Spaghetti.
- 2 medium onions diced.
- 200g mild salami diced.
- 2 teaspoons of chili flakes.
- 1/2 cup of Tomato passata.
- 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic.
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- 2 fresh free range eggs.
- Salt & cracked pepper to season.
- 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 300 ml of sour cream.
- Chopped Parsley to garnish (optional).
- Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water and set aside to drain.
- Fry the onions in butter with the crushed garlic until the onion is translucent but not browned..
- Add the salami and chili flakes , fry for a 2 - 3 minutes .
- Meanwhile mix the sour cream, parmesan, and eggs in a bowl with a fork.
- Add the sour cream mix to the onion and salami mixture, along with the tomatoe passata and heat gently stirring until thickened.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the sauce along with a couple of tablespoons of the pasta water and stir until the pasta is thoroughly coated
- Serve straight away sprinked with fresh parmesan and garnished with chopped parsley if desired.