I always get really dissapointed when I go to a cafe or a restaurant , order a cup of tea and get presented with a cup , a teabag, and some hot water. I always specify that I want a pot of tea made for me when I place my order so this does not happen.
Seriously if I wanted to make a cup of tea myself I'd stay at home and ensure I got a cup of tea that I really enjoy.
And heres how I make that perfect cup of tea:
- Select a good quality loose teaf black tea that has been stored and handled with care.
- Bring fresh water to the boil . Do not re-use water that has been boiled previously.
- Filter your water before use if it is not quite as fresh as it could be.
- Rinse a porcelain or stainless steel teapot with hot water to warm the pot.
- Add one teaspoon of loose leaf tea per person to be served plus one for the pot e.g. if you are brewing a 2 cup pot then add three teaspoons of good quality tea.
- Pour freshly boiled water inte the pot.
- Allow the tea to steep for the time recommended on the pack ( typically 3 -5 minutes ).
- Serve straight away into warmed porcelain cups.
- Add milk to taste if desired.
- Sit back relax and enjoy.