Self Saucing Butterscotch Pudding
If I'm looking for a hot dessert to finish off a meal with family and friends this is one of my go to recipe. It is quick and easy to prepare and has never failed to have people coming back for more. I love to serve this pudding warm out of the oven with a large scoop of vanilla icecream melting in a bowl with it.
Yield: Serves 6 - 8
Ingredients - Pudding
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
- 150g (3/4 cup) sugar
- pinch of salt
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 60g (2 oz) butter
Ingredients - Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Golden Syrup
- 30g (1 oz) butter
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) hot water
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease an oven dish
- Sift sugar, flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and add to flour mixture with milk . Combine thoroughly and place into the greased oven dish.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan and stir over a low heat until the butter melts
- Pour sauce mixture over the pudding mixture and bake for 30 - 40 minutes until the pudding is a dark golden brown colour an a skewer comes out clean when inserted.