Easy Lemonade scones
I've tried many scone recipes over the years but this one is the quickest and easiest I have found and has never failed to deliver fresh scones which are delicious with jam and fresh cream. If you need to whip up morning or afternoon tea for unexpected visitors this recipe is perfect.
Yield: Makes 12
- 450g (3 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 250ml (1 cup) thick cream
- 250ml (1 cup) lemonade
- 1 pinch of salt
- Milk for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 210C. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Place the flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour mix and add the cream and lemonade and mix with a butter knife to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured workbench and knead lightly until combined.
- Press the dough with your hands to a thickness of about 2cm. Use a 6cm round cutter to cut out 8 scones, place on baking tray and brush the tops with some milk. Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve with your favourite jam and cream.