These cupcakes are light and moist and are especially delicious when served with our fantastic frosting . The batter is quick and easy and they only take a few minutes to cook so it is easy to make multiple batches to serve at parties or a single tray to have as a nughty indulgence.
Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 1 Cup of flour.
- 1/4 Cup of Corn starch.
- 1 tsp of baking powder.
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- 1/2 tsp of salt.
- 2 large free range eggs
- 3/4 cup of caster sugar
- 2 tsp of quality vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F ( 180° C)
- Sift the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat two eggs together for 2 - 3 minutes at a medium speed in your mixer.
- Add sugar, vanilla extract, and oil to the bowl and mix for 3 minutes.
- Add flour and buttermilk and mix until the mixture becomes a smooth thin batter
- Pour the batter into a cupcake pan lined with cupcake liners.
- bake for approximately 10 - 15 minutes until a skewer comes out clean
- Allow to cool and then top with your favourite frosting.