Amazing chocolate fudge cake recipe
WARNING : THIS IS NOT HEALTH FOOD . This is a moist rich and decadent fudge cake you can frost it if you like but my favourite way to serve this is with some ever so slightly sweetened whipped cream . I have very little self control when it comes to chocolate but find that letting this cake cool completely allows it to develop a really nice fudgy texture which is well worth the wait. If you simply cannot wait then serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla icecream as a sort of warm cakey dessert . Enjoy!
Yield: 12 Serves
- 300g plain flour
- 175ml hot water
- 250g unsalted butter
- 250g dark chocolate
- 125 ml milk
- 55g cocoa powder
- 4 large fresh free range eggs .. The fresher the better !
- 550g white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee
- 30ml vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 150°C
- Line bottom & sides of a 20 cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt and combine butter , chocolate, sugar and coffee in a bowl over a double boiler.
- Add chocolate mixture to a mixer bowl and beat in the milk.
- Mix eggs into the mixture one at a time.
- Mix the oil into the mixture.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Mix the cocoa & other dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture to form a cake batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake tin and bake for 2hrs at 150°C
- Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting or serving with slightly sweetened whipped cream.