Awesome chocolate chip cookies
Lovely chocolate chip cookies with a crunch on the outside and soft chocolate goodness on the inside.
Yield: 24 cookies
- 1 cup of softened butter.
- 1 cup of white sugar.
- 1 cup of brown sugar.
- 2 eggs.
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence.
- 2 1/2 cups of plain flour.
- 1/2 a cup of cocoa powder.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- 1 tablespoon of hot water.
- Pinch of salt.
- 2 cups of chocolate chips.
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C.
- Cream butter and sugars together until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add Vanilla essence.
- Mix the baking soda to the hot water and add to the batter.
- Add salt to the batter.
- Fold flour, cocoa , chocolate chips, and nuts into the mixture.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto an un-greased baking tray.
- bake until the cookie is just firm on the outside and still a little soft on the inside. ( 10 - 30 minutes depending on cookie size ) .